Author Notes: This beef tallow moisturizer is great for really dry skin. And if you have sensitivities to any of the ingredients, just leave them out, or try swapping somet (…more) —Emily Farris
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 7ounces (1/2 jar) pure beef tallow
- 1.5ounces raw, unrefined cocoa butter
- 1ounce virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2ounce vitamin E oil (I use 32,000 IU)
- 10drops cedarwood essential oil (optional)
- 10drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 5drops frankincense essential oil (optional)
- 5drops helichrysum essential oil (optional)
- Melt the beef tallow, cocoa butter, and coconut oil in a small pan over very low heat.
- When the first three ingredients are liquified, turn off the heat and stir in the vitamin E oil. Transfer the contents to a large measuring cup, preferably with a spout, to cool.
- Let the mixture cool for at least 15 minutes, the stir in the essential oils, if using.
- Pour the moisturizer into sterilized containers and put them in the freezer for five minutes to solidify.